KPMG Meijburg & Co’s Belgium Desk works closely with the tax professionals of KPMG Belgium to provide tax advice to businesses and private individuals engaged in cross-border shareholdings, investments, or operations. The professionals who work for this country desk are the top experts in their fields, and can offer you efficient, professional advice on all tax-related issues.
The country desk’s principal advisory activities
focus on issues such as:
- starting up and structuring entrepreneurial activities in or from Belgium
- cross-border acquisitions, mergers, reorganizations, and restructurings
- cross-border financing
- investing in real estate in or from Belgium
- the choice of legal forms (including partnerships and joint ventures)
- intercompany services and the supply of goods (transfer pricing)
- setting up a European head office or service center in the Netherlands
- developments in Belgian statutory and case law that affect Dutch investors
- seconding staff to or from Belgium
- cross-border stock option and pension plans
- emigration to, or immigration from, Belgium
- exchange of information between the Dutch Revenue and Belgian Federal Public Service Finance
We can also advise you on such topics as Dutch and Belgian corporate income tax, VAT, customs and excise tax, payroll tax, personal income tax, social security, withholding taxes, inheritance tax, and local taxes in Belgium. Our goal is to achieve the ideal balance between minimum taxation and maximum certainty. The close cooperation between our professionals and those of KPMG Belgium guarantees optimal use of the knowledge and expertise of these two firms, and well-coordinated advice regarding Dutch and Belgian legislation. If you wish, we can coordinate consultancy services relating to non-tax-related issues, such as legal and accounting services.